Sunday, February 15, 2009

Decorating Satisfaction
















Changing things in our home brings me a lot of pleasure and joy. Every now and then, I just have to take a room and redo it. It has to be done on a budget but a little paint and fabric can really make a difference and help you feel renewed. In the past month, I have been redoing my bedroom from a Martha Stewart green, from the year 2000, to light blue walls with lots of blue accessories. I bought a blue chenille bedspread from "A County Place", some curtain panels with big blue cabbage roses from "Domestications", a Sure-fit chair slipcover in a light taupe to cover my wingback chair, and a blue rag rug ($19.99) that just popped up at "Freds, of all places, one day. These were the major purchases. I like the way it turned out and it is amazing to me how you can start to redo a room and little things you have around the house seem to fit into your scheme. So here is the finished product, which we are enjoying. The china pincushion doll is something my mom gave me many years ago. She tells me she bought it at a church bazaar when she was a girl in DeKalb, Illinois. I finally made a dress for the poor young woman this week and I think it turned out very pretty. Now she proudly resides on my dresser which I also refinished. It is cherry wood and was my mother-in-laws dresser. I have a collection of Florida plates surrounding my mirrored. We are originally from Florida and I have been collecting them for a few years.

No comments: