Saturday, May 2, 2009

"Oh, Sweet Spring"






Yes, I have to say that Spring is my favorite time of the year. I love Fall too, but Spring is the best. I think that it is the season I remember the most from my childhood in Southern Michigan. I remember all the blossoms, and new spring flowers that bloomed around my home on Lake Michigan. My Mom and Grandma's yard was full of flower after flower, blooming in God's sequence as the weather warmed itself from the cool month of February. It is much like that here in Western North Carolina, where we live now. So many of the flowers and trees that are blooming right now are the ones I fondly remember from my childhood. Flowers like the jonquil, forsythia, spirea, lilac and many others have been blooming here the last month or so. I have many of these in my own yard and enjoy their sweet beauty as they bloom for me. I also have some little flowers I have planted like pansies, that show their little faces to the sun until the really warm weather makes them bow their heads and wither away. If the spring green of the tree leaves and grass would stay all summer, I would be so pleased. But, a last, they will soon turn to their summer green which is a darker color. Spring disappears so quickly after it has come. I will miss you Spring, and all the special gifts that you bring for me to enjoy for a while.

No comments: